Event Sales Executive
At the Leonardo Royal Hotel Amsterdam you have the flexibility to explore your creativity as we want you to be a partner for our event organisers. You have to possibility to think outside the box and to take events to the next level. This role is about convincing organisers to book our hotel for their next event and about building up a relationship with your clients. Organisational and social skills in this role are key.
Are you that organiser that is looking to do things differently? Then pick up the phone and let’s start talking!
SOME OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handling new enquiries and negotiating group room rates, meeting room rental, food and beverage prices and hotel services in line with the hotel’s sales strategies and financial goals.
- Actively converting event enquiries into confirmed business and to develop future and repeat business from all accounts.
- Ensure sales proposals and contracts for group residential and non-residential business are accurate and produced in line with hotel standards.
- Maximize meetings revenues by applying all selling and rate strategies, negotiation practices, concession rules and revenue management best practices.
- Support sales initiatives with site inspections, client entertainment, familiarizations, and other events that form part of the sales and marketing plan.
WHAT MAKES YOU THE PERFECT CANDIDATE?
- You have at least 1 year of experience in event management.
- You have completed a Bachelor’s degree in hospitality or an equivalent of this.
- You have previously worked with Opera Sales & Catering.
- You have good knowledge of the Dutch and English language in word and writing.
- You have a creative and positive mindset and don’t take “no” for an answer.
- You have professional and hospitable attitude and are a real team player.
- You are a social butterfly and love connecting with people.
This position is part of our Groups & Events team in cluster Amsterdam. Together we are responsible for the groups & events department in Amsterdam including; Leonardo Royal Hotel Amsterdam, Leonardo Hotel Amsterdam Rembrandtpark, Leonardo Hotel Amsterdam Vinkeveen and Apollo Hotel Amsterdam, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU (ADDITIONAL TO A GREAT TEAM)?
- At the moment we offer even more benefits! Such as a supplement of 15% per hour in the weekend and 70% travel allowance if you live further than 10km from you work.
- Working overtime? This can be paid out, but you can also save it up to take time off.
- Eager to learn? We offer training courses from the Leonardo Development Lab!
- Ambitious? With us you can work on your personal development and grow!
- We think your health is important! That is why you can visit Open Up 24/7, the online platform for mental health.
- Crazy about discounts? 'See the world' with our global discount program!
- And enjoy an overnight stay with dinner and breakfast in the hotel you work for during your “Know Where you Work” experience!
Want to know more about why working with us is so great? Then click here!
We are a young company with a large dose of ambition, positivity and creativity! Interested? Then we would like to receive your motivation letter and resume. You can send it to us via the application form. Questions? Contact the HR department!